What is the CMUA Board?
The Central Maryland Ultimate Association Board of Directors is a group of volunteers that serve as the governing body for the organization.
Their responsibilities include upholding the organization’s mission, attending parks and recreation council meetings, commissioning leagues, instituting policies, overseeing committees and other key initiatives, and keeping the organization in good standing.
Each year, a maximum of three members are elected to the Board by the community. Each Director is elected to a three-year term, though they are not required to serve all three years.
The Board meets periodically throughout the year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know when the next meeting is, and if you would like to attend.
CMUA is not an independent non-profit but an adult sports/recreation program of the Catonsville Recreation & Parks Council.
How Does One Serve on the Board?
Each year, a maximum of three members are elected to the Board by the community. Each Director is elected to a three-year term, starting on the year they are elected. Directors are not required to serve all three years, though it is encouraged they serve at least one year.
Each year a call for nominees is disseminated. Any CMUA member may nominate themselves or another CMUA member to be a candidate for the Board. Nominations must be submitted by June 15, though the deadline may be extended.
Nominees for the Board should expect the following duties and obligations:
- Commitment to at least 1-year of a 3-year term
- Meet periodically at a location in or near Baltimore
- Serve in a leadership role, such as an officer, coordinator for a CMUA committee, or coordinator for a league or tournament
A valid submittal should include:
- The nominee’s name and contact information (e-mail and phone number)
- Photograph (square dimensions preferred)
- Short bio (60 words or less)
- A longer statement (please not more than 300 words) about why the nominee wants to be on the Board, possibly including visions or goals for CMUA leagues, tournaments, or the local community.
Current Board of Directors
The CMUA members listed below were elected to the CMUA Board of Directors based on an online vote each within the past 3 years. The CMUA president, vice president, treasurer, rec council liaison, and secretary were then selected by the board members.
Each Director’s term expires during the year in brackets.
- Meghan Gloyd – President 
- Kevin “Ham” Baker – Treasurer 
- Daniel “Shrek” Sprechman – Secretary 
- Donald Gorsuch – Rec Council Liaison 
- Alice Bauman (at large) 
- Ben DeForest (at large)
- Timmy Gelles (at large) 
- Jon Pressimone (at large) 
- Britta Schaffmeyer (at large) 
Each year the CMUA Board decides specific roles each board member will oversee to assist run the organization. Contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to get more information or volunteer for any of the following roles:
- Newsletters & Social Media
- Indoor League
- Spring League/Pickup
- Summer League