Central Maryland Ultimate Association


    • Discussion of annual fees and people who don’t pay
      • If you don’t pay, you are not on the draft
      • Annual fees
        • SOBO has spring, summer, and fall leagues for $10 plus annual dues for $10.
        • $25 for annual dues. You get a disc and $5 off any league. Free spring / fall pickup
      • Enforcing fees for Fall/Spring leagues:
        • Brainstorming of ideas for how to make college kids pay (Toad pointed out about %50 of the college kids pay dues)
          • Possible discount for colleges ($100 and all players from that college can play)
      • Action – Shrek will work with Barry and outline ideas for dues
    • Catonsville Rec Sports is considering league signup software systems to manage payments and membership
      • You’ll still be able to pay by check
    • Budget
      • Action – Shrek will work with Barry and come up with budget
    • Discussed final revisions to bylaws
      • Bridey brought up that we should notify the community about the nomination procedure

 

  • Action – Shrek will send the Womens’ Involvement team writeup to Zara for revision

 

    • Fall League
      • Who is running it?
        • Action – Press will send email to Ham, Rusty, and Ben and see if they would commission it
      • Discussion about how well it ran last year
        • Lack of involvement
      • Will run 6 weeks, start Oct 12, and end on Nov 16th
    • Thanksgiving Hat Tournament – fields reserved for 11/21
    • News Letter
      • Goals:
        • Introduce Board of Directors
        • Talk about Town Hall Meeting
        • Fall League
        • Winter League
        • Survey results
        • Ask for volunteers for the various committees

 

  • Action – Shrek and Toad (Outreach Committee) will draft the news letter

 

    • Survey
      • Review of Dylan’s survey
    • Town Hall
      • Suggestion of a Fall-Star game and Town Hall meeting
      • Barry asked how will we get people to come
      • Suggestion to ask if we should have a Town Hall meeting as a survey question
      • Agreement that we will have the Town Hall meeting despite possible lack of attendance
      • We will publish to CMUA members an agenda for the Town Hall meeting

 

  • Action – Press will come up with an agenda for the Town Hall meeting – deadline Oct 16th.

 

    • Catonsville Rec Stuff:
      • Barry says certain people need background checks
        • Jon and Bridey – they will be listed as the heads of the Ultimate league
        • We don’t have coaches listed
        • Shrek and Shannon – they have access to people’s personal information
    • Indoor Pickup:
      • Lansdowne Gym is not available this year
      • Might not have pickup outlet in January February besides outdoor turf

 

  • Action – Press will look into some school options

 

  • Barry’s email:
    • Trent Simmons – DC indoor ultimate championships
    • Request to have an indoor ultimate tournament with winners going to indoor ultimate championships
    • Host tournament some time in January
    • Probably can find a place at the end of December
  • Next board member meeting:

Action – Press will set up a doodle for next Board Member meeting around Oct 18th