Summer League 2017
Summer League signups close at 9 p.m., Monday May 29! Here are things to know before signing up:
- Medical information will be collected as part of registration. These are required fields, so be prepared with:
- Your emergency contact
- A doctor contact (If you don’t have a doctor contact, please find their office number online).
- Make sure you’re signing up for 896 Ultimate Frisbee (League) (do not sign up for clinic).
- The CRPC registration system only accepts VISA or MasterCard. Cash or paypal cannot be accepted. No exceptions.
- Remember to check the status of the league in the table when signing up. The Monday Night Mixed league might have a waitlist for men in place. Please still sign up and pay, even if the waitlist is on.
- If we aren’t able to increase the number of teams and you don’t get off the waitlist, you will be fully reimbursed, and you will be able to sign up early next year.
- If you want to purchase a CMUA disc, you can use the donation section to do so. Every $10 donated will get you one disc, and they will be distributed to your field on the first night of league play. Be sure to donate to the “896 Ultimate Frisbee” account, and NOT the “CRPC General Fund.”
A detailed walkthrough of how to signup for a CRPC league is here: http://cmuadisc.org/leagues/crpc-signup-instructions/
You can email email@example.com with any questions.
Monday Night Mixed League
- Who: Adult ultimate players of all genders. Players under the age of 18 are not permitted in this league.
- What: A mixed format league with the number of teams determined by the number of women registrants. Teams are formed via draft of the registered players by volunteer captains. The mixed format of this league will be primarily 4:3, and in some situations it might be 4:3 / 5:2 offense dictates. Two games are played every Monday night.
- Where: Regular season games are played at fields in the Catonsville and Lansdowne areas.
- When: Registration will open online on Tuesday, May 9th at 8:00 pm. A link will be sent out at that time. Do not register early unless you have explicit permission to do so. The deadline is Sunday, May 28 at 9:00 pm, but this league always fills up prior to the deadline! Games will start on June 5th and will take place every Monday until early August. First round games are scheduled to start at 6:30 PM and the last round typically ends around 9 PM. Longer rounds are played on fields with lights; hence plan on playing till 10 PM on those evenings.
- Cost: $35
- About the waitlist: When you sign up, you will be able to see the status of the league in parenthesis next to the name. It will say whether the waitlist has been started or not. To be placed on the waitlist, you still need to complete the online payment. We use the waitlist to give us the flexibility to increase the number of teams depending on how many women sign up. If enough women sign up to increase the number of teams, people will be moved off the waitlist and into the league based on the order they signed up. Players that are still on the waitlist after the draft will be fully refunded, and they will be invited to sign up early next year.
- New this year: Captains are not going to be able to draft off the waitlist like they have in the past.
Wednesday Night Mixed
- Who: Adult ultimate players of all genders and skill levels. New players are encouraged to come learn how to play competitive, spirited ultimate. Players between 16-18 years old are permitted to play as long as they have a sponsor in the league (an adult that will be playing with them at all times).
- What: A mixed format league. The gender ratio will be 4:3 / 5:2 offense dictates. Players are permitted to “baggage” another player (must be reciprocal for it to count), and also request a “nice to play with” person. You can also specify the name of a clique (or the person organizing the clique), and that team’s captain will put you on their team. Cliques must have at least 2 men and 2 women (the rest of the players will be drafted from the open pool). Teams will be formed via draft of the registered players by volunteer captains from each clique. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re trying to organize a clique or captain a team.
- When: Registration will open online on Tuesday, May 9th at 8:00 pm. A link will be sent out at that time. The deadline to signup is Monday, May 29 at 9:00 pm. Games will start on June 7th and will take place every Wednesday until early August. Games are scheduled to start at 6:30 pm and typically take 2 hours to play.
- Where: All games will be played at fields in the Catonsville area.
- Cost: $25
Women’s Sub List
This season we will be maintaining a women’s substitute list for our Monday Night Mixed league.
The substitute list provides flexibility for women to play whenever they are available.
To join the list, sign up for the Monday Night Casual League for just $10. (You can play in this league too, but you’ll also be added to the sub list.)
Here’s how it will work:
- It is the responsibility of the captain to maintain communication between players and the team to determine the need for additional players.
- If additional players are needed, captains will submit a request by Friday at 5 p.m. by filling out the MNL Women’s Sub Request Google Form.
- Requests will be reviewed on Friday evenings and prioritized by need. Requests received after the deadline will be given last priority regardless of need.
- A request will go out to the women’s substitute list to determine available substitute on Friday evenings. Women are requested to respond by Sunday evening.
- Requests will be responded to by 12pm on Monday (game day), at this time the captains and women substitute players will be notified. This notification will include the field and team information.