We are happy to announce that Tim Eubanks has joined the board! He was appointed by the board to fill a vacant seat not filled during our last election. Tim is a long-time CMUA member and organizer in the area. Most recently, he has been a coach for CMUA’s U-19 mixed YCC team, Maryland Blackout. Tim will serve a three year term.
CMUA Board Updates
We are excited to welcome Sean Moran and Danielle Rolle to the board! We also want to thank outgoing members Ben DeForest and Daniel “Shrek” Sprechman for all their hard work and contributions to the CMUA community.
Please welcome our newest board members: Erica Yee, Christian Lund, and Alan Meeker!
Thank you to outgoing board members Timmy Gelles, Britta Schaffmeyer, and Jon Pressimone for your contributions to the CMUA leadership. The CMUA community appreciates the work you’ve done.
At the February Board of Directors Meeting, the CMUA Board voted unanimously to move the election from its traditional May date to July.
The following changes were included in a proposal brought to the Board by At-Large Member Tim Gelles:
- Modify term length from its current calendar of June 1–May 31 to August 1–July 31.
- Extend current terms to July 31 for the expiring board term.
- Request nominations starting on or around June 15, require nominations be due by June 28.
- Move the election duration from May 1–15 to July 1–14. Inform Community of candidates on July 1.
- Announce winners on or around July 15
- Introduce new board members, if they’re available, at annual crab feast (usually held the first or second Sunday in August)
To prevent a lapse of duties, outgoing board members whose term end on August 1 are still required to complete any assigned responsibilities (e.g. Crab Feast) or commissioning (e.g. Monday Night, Clique League) that are outstanding after August 1, but are not required to complete them if assignments are still outstanding after August 15.